Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our Heroine is Sitting in the Pity Pot

Y'all, I finished The Golden Age, and it's 11 pm, and I don't have anything to read. This makes me petulant and cranky. I have books lying everywhere, stuff I haven't read or have only half-read, but none of it's appealing to me now. I want something new, from the store, with a shiny cover and an uncracked spine.

Better still, I want to read The Moviegoer but I want it to be the first time I ever read it, which requires a DeLorean, a flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts to accomplish. You see that nothing will satisfy me? Why isn't Lost on right. now?

Whee! I went and found a Simpsons quote and it made me giggle:

B.T.Barlow: Mr. Mayor, I have a question for you. What if YOU came home one night to find your family tied up and gagged, with SOCKS in their mouths. They're screaming. You're trying to get in but there's too much BLOOD on the knob!!!!!

Mayor Quimby: What is your question about?

B.T.Barlow: It's about the budget sir.

I guess I'll just get over myself and go read Oprah.

No comments: