Thursday, May 8, 2008

Our Heroine Goes Country

Last week I went to see Dolly Parton at Radio City Music Hall with Frank and Megan, at which event Frank wore his cowboy hat. And, I don't know why, but I was suddenly consumed with jealousy over his hat, and possessed of a fierce desire to own my own.

The problem is my giant Keeler-shaped head, which is the bane of both my and my brother's existence. It makes hat-buying a trial, I can tell you.

So I Googled "cute cowgirl hats" in different sizes and I ordered this one, which is hanging out at the UPS outpost in Secaucus, a mere day away from my loving hands:



How cute! I think I will wear it with short flowered sundresses and big gold earrings and people in Brooklyn will laugh at me but I won't care because in my head I'll think I look sorta like Sandra Bullock in Hope Floats, the movie during which I'm pretty sure I loved every. single. outfit.

And I thought about this hat and the pretty clothes from Hope Floats on my subway ride to and from work today and it made me smile.

No comments: