Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our Heroine Can't Decide: Will It Be The Best of Musicals Or The Worst of Musicals


They are bringing a musical version of A Tale of Two Cities to Broadway this August. What should I do? Should I see it? Do you think I will storm the stage in protest if Sydney Carton sings, "It is a far better thing that I do than I have ever done. It is a far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."? Maybe I will just feel depressed for days afterwards.

I feel this is like making a musical out of Oedipus Rex (saints preserve us!) or Macbeth. But then again, it is Dickens, and he is kind of like really good pop music. And this is my favorite Dickens novel (so far) on top of it all. I am tossed and turned on a sea of indecision. Someone tell me what to do!!!

No comments: