Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our Heroine Laments They Are Going to Ruin My Sparkly

No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no! No, Hollywood, no. Please don't ruin The Secret of Nimh. PLEASE. I beg you. It's already been done and it's perfect. There is no need to gild the lily. Please! Justin the Rat was my first boyfriend hero. If you ruin him I will die a little on the inside.



And I know the movie was based on an even older book, and that it wasn't 100% faithful to the original story and it's themes. But it was still great! Furthermore, I am also aware that there is a very, very slim chance that the new version might be even more respectful and more faithful to the original work, and manage to be both different from the 1982 movie, and yet still awesome.

But you and I both know that it will likely be "CGI kiddie-trash," a phrase I stole from the comments over at Videogum.

"We can no longer live as rats. We know too much."

via Videogum (which has really been a source of both inspiration and dismay for me today)

No comments: